WHMIS 2015 Online is based on the current 2015 legislation and meets the legislated requirement for general WHMIS training. Employers must also provide workplace-specific training and instruction for each of the hazardous products in the workplace.
WHMIS 2015 has come into effect with a transition period that lasts several years (full implementation by December 1, 2018). During this time, suppliers must fully comply with either WHMIS 2015 or with the “old” WHMIS (WHMIS 1988). This means that there may be hazardous products in the workplace that use WHMIS 2015 labels, classifications and Safety Data Sheets and there may be hazardous products that use WHMIS 1988 labels.
Upon completion of WHMIS 2015, participants will be able to:
- Understand the essential role WHMIS plays in protecting the health and safety of Canadian workers
- Identify the WHMIS responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and workers
- Know the workplace requirements related to the use of supplier labels and workplace labels, and how to locate and interpret the information found on these labels
- Recognize the WHMIS pictograms and the types of hazard each represents
- Recognize the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) as a source of comprehensive information about a hazardous chemical in the workplace and know how to locate various types of information when reading an SDS
- Identify the WHMIS exemptions for suppliers and importers
- Know general safe work practices that should be followed when working with hazardous products
WHMIS Online is an active learning experience, using interactive content screens and online exercises to engage learners and reinforce key concepts. Mandatory testing ensures that participants have met learning objectives and retained the required knowledge.
There are no reviews yet.