Standard First Aid & CPR Level C Certification | First Aid Care
About this Course
- The Online Blended Learning format allows for the theory to be done online, while the practical segment is done in class. The Preliminary Certificate at the end of the online course isn’t a certification. It only indicates that the online bit is completed.
Core Content Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- The EMS/911 system.
- The Check, Call, and Care systematic approach to first aid. Essential steps for remaining safe while rendering first aid.
- Ways to reduce or eliminate the risks of infection and the importance of wearing gloves and with COVID-19 the importance of wearing masks, too.
- On the trauma side, participants would be taught when and how to apply a tourniquet and the risks attached when deciding to use one.
- The dangers of aspiration and why it is essential to look out for it.
- Airway, breathing, and circulation
- The Recovery Position
- Choking (infant, child & adult)
- Circulation Emergencies (Cardiac Arrest – infant, child & adult)
- Wound Care – Learn the basics on how to treat burns, abrasions, cuts, tears
- Spinal cord injury (suspected). How to care for and immobilize
- Diabetes – Learn the symptoms of Type 1 and Type 2 and first aid in a Diabetic emergency
- Allergic reactions and how to use an epi-pen
- Naloxone training – Identify the signs of an Opioid overdose
- Extreme bleeding – how to apply a tourniquet
REQUIREMENTS FOR ISSUE: Complete the online theory. Attend an in-class session. Do the quiz and achieve a minimum of 75%. Certification is valid for three years.