First Aid Interim Certificate | First Aid Care
About this Course
- This course is run in-class, over two days. COVID-19 precautions will be in effect. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SHOW PROOF OF AT LEAST TWO SHOTS.
Core Content Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- You will be taught about the EMS/911 system.
- The Check, Call and Care systematic approach to first aid. Essential steps for remaining safe while rendering first aid.
- Ways to reduce or eliminate the risks of infection and the importance of wearing gloves and with COVID-19 the importance of wearing masks, too.
- On the trauma side, participants would be taught when and how to apply a tourniquet and the risks attached when deciding to use one.
- The dangers of aspiration and why it is essential to look out for it.
- Airway, breathing and circulation
- The Recovery Position
- Choking (infant, child & adult)
- Circulation Emergencies (Cardiac Arrest – infant, child & adult)
- Wound Care – Learn the basics on how to treat burns, abrasions, cuts, tears
- Spinal cord injury (suspected). How to care and immobilize
- Diabetes – Learn the symptoms of Type 1 and Type 2 and first aid in a Diabetic emergency
- Allergic reactions and how to use an epi-pen
Once all aspects of the course is completed, you will receive your certification that will be valid for three years.