What is Canadian Red Cross Blended Learning?
- Essentially, the course has two components: (i) An Online Learning part — the theory — and (ii) an In-class session. The in-class session is meant to cover all the practical aspects of the course, e.g.: Performing CPR and applying bandages, etc.
- Unless all in-class is requested (one full day, minimum 7 participants), all our courses are in the Blended Learning Format.
- Sign up today for the Emergency First Aid And CPR Level C
Core Content Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C
- You will be taught about the EMS/911 system.
- The Check, Call and Care systematic approach to first aid. Essential steps for remaining safe while rendering first aid.
- Ways to reduce or eliminate the risks of infection and the importance of wearing gloves and with COVID-19 the importance of wearing masks, too.
- On the trauma side, participants would be taught when and how to apply a tourniquet and the risks attached when deciding to use one.
- The dangers of aspiration and why it is essential to look out for it.
- Airway, breathing, and circulation
- The Recovery Position
- Choking (infant, child & adult)
- Circulation Emergencies (Cardiac Arrest – infant, child & adult)
- Wound Care – Learn the basics on how to treat burns, abrasions, cuts, tears
- Allergic reactions and how to use an epi-pen
How is Certification achieved?
- Once all three components of the course are successfully completed — Online Theory, In-Class Session, and Quiz — you will receive your certification. Certification is valid for three years. Sign up today for the best Emergency First Aid And CPR Level C courses.