About Blended CPR Level C
- The Online Blended Learning format allows you to do the theory online, while the practical segment is done in class. The in-class bit will start to roll out once the Province clears in-class First Aid Training.
- The Blended Learning CPR Level C format has six (6) modules. A short quiz will take you from one module to the next. You’ll need a minimum of 80% on the quiz to proceed to the next module. You can take the quiz as many times as needed to achieve the required 80%.
- Once you’re ready, print the Preliminary Certificate (PC) after you have completed the theory. Keep in mind that the PC is not your certification; it merely demonstrates that you’ve completed the online component of the course and needs to be brought to the practical session for the instructor to add to your profile with Red Cross.
Core Content CPR Level C
- You will be taught about the EMS/911 system.
- The Check, Call, and Care systematic approach to first aid. Essential steps for remaining safe while rendering first aid.
- Ways to reduce or eliminate the risks of infection and the importance of wearing gloves and with COVID-19 the importance of wearing masks, too.
- On the trauma side, participants would be taught when and how to apply a tourniquet and the risks attached when deciding to use one.
- The dangers of aspiration and why it is essential to look out for it.
- Airway, breathing, and circulation
- The Recovery Position
- Choking (infant, child & adult)
- Circulation Emergencies (Cardiac Arrest – infant, child & adult)
Once all aspects of the course are completed, you will receive your certification which will be valid for three years.