First Aid Interim Certificate & CPR Level C Online | First Aid Care
About this Course
- The CPR Level C Online Blended Learning format allows you to do the theory online, while the practical segment is done in-class. The in-class bit will start to roll out once the Province clears in-class First Aid Training. Of course, COVID-19 precautions will be in effect — meaning, that all participants will be required to wear gloves and masks — all of which will be supplied by First Aid Care. The difference between the Blended L Learning format (BLF) and the First Aid Interim Certificate (FAIC) is clear: The Preliminary Certificate that is issued after the Blended Learning Online portion is completed, isn’t recognized by WSIB, while the FAIC, is. So we strongly recommend that enroll in the FAIC course, instead, as it gives you a CPR Level C certificate that you can take along to schools and workplaces. In addition, the CPR Level C Online demonstrates due diligence in that you plan to complete the course once the restrictions are lifted.
- The Blended Learning CPR Level C Online format, like the FAIC, has six (6) modules. A short quiz will take you from one module to the next. You’ll need a minimum of 80% in the quiz to proceed to the next module. You can take the quiz as many times as needed to achieve the required 80%.
- Once you’re ready, print the Preliminary Certificate (PC) after you have completed the theory. Keep in mind that the PC is not your certification; it merely demonstrates that you’ve completed the online component of the CPR Level C Online course and needs to be brought to the practical session for the instructor to add to your profile with Red Cross.
Core Content Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Online
- You will be taught about the EMS/911 system.
- The Check, Call and Care systematic approach to first aid. Essential steps for remaining safe while rendering first aid.
- Ways to reduce or eliminate the risks of infection and the importance of wearing gloves and with COVID-19 the importance of wearing masks, too.
- On the trauma side, participants would be taught when and how to apply a tourniquet and the risks attached when deciding to use one.
- The dangers of aspiration and why it is essential to look out for it.
- Airway, breathing and circulation
- The Recovery Position
- Choking (infant, child & adult)
- Circulation Emergencies (Cardiac Arrest – infant, child & adult)
- Wound Care – Learn the basics on how to treat burns, abrasions, cuts, tears
- Spinal cord injury (suspected). How to care and immobilize
- Diabetes – Learn the symptoms of Type 1 and Type 2 and first aid in a Diabetic emergency
- Allergic reactions and how to use an epi-pen
CPR Level C Online Certification
Once all aspects of the course is completed, you will receive your CPR Level C Online certification which will be valid for three years.